Jacob’s Well is homeless and we need your help!
Jacob’s Well Ministry and the approximately 80 low-income residents who share our building are being reno-victed from 239 Main Street in the Downtown Eastside (DTES) of Vancouver by September 1st, 2017, after 17 years of occupancy. The property has been sold and will be used for new purposes.
The Jacob’s Well community feels called to continue its ministry in the DTES. Moving and re-establishing ourselves in a new location, however, requires our entire community to meet the challenge of moving within a short timeframe: Jacob’s Well needs to raise $50,000 by June 15th as a first step towards procuring and renovating a new facility with a kitchen where we can continue the work of sharing God’s love with our neighbours. If we are unsuccessful in raising the funds we will be considering whether it is time to close our doors for good.
See our Chimp campaign!
Below you will find the easiest and best ways to donate to Jacob’s Well. If you would like to donate particular items, see here.
The Best Ways to Give (no administrative fees – we receive 100% of your donation)
1. Vancity Direct Deposit – for Vancity members only – you can deposit directly into the Jacob’s Well Vancity account (Relationship # 28111435, “Community Service fund”). This is also a great way to set up recurring donations. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you have made the deposit so that we can record it for tax receipt purposes.
2. Post-dated Cheques – please write them to “Jacob’s Well” and mail to 239 Main St., Vancouver, BC; V6A 2S7.
3. Interac E-transfer – most online banking sites have this option for one-time giving. There is as yet no recurring option. Send E-transfers to <email@example.com>.
The Next Best Ways to Give (some administrative fees deducted)
1. Chimp – Canadians Only (approx. 2.8% admin fee deducted). You will receive a tax receipt from Chimp for your entire donation.
2. PayPal – (1.9% admin fee deducted) Click on the “Donate” button for a one-time donation or the “Subscribe” button for monthly recurring donations. You will receive a tax receipt from Jacob’s Well for the net amount that we receive (i.e., your donation less 1.9%).
|Give on a monthly basis . . .||or a one time donation|
|Choose an amount|
3. CanadaHelps (3.5% admin fee deducted) You will receive a tax receipt from CanadaHelps for your entire donation.